The President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro, announced a set of measures as part of the first 100 days of execution of the Program for Economic Recovery, Growth and Prosperity, which began on August 20, 2018.
– The value of Petro, a Venezuelan cryptocurrency, went from 3,600 sovereign bolivars to 9,000 sovereign bolivars.
– The value of the national minimum wage and pensions will be 4,500 bolivars as of December 1. The minimum national income went from 1,800 BsS to 4,5000 BsS, equivalent to half Petro.
– The biweekly payment of the salary of public employees will be resumed.
– Next December 15, a wage differential will be paid based on the new national salary.
– Was authorized a third month of «aguinaldo» (Christmas bonus) payment for pensioners, as a gift, equivalent in half a Petro, exchangeable.
– Payment of a unique Christmas bonus of 2,000 BsS through the Carnet de la Patria system.
– On December 15, the payment of the Niño Jesús bonus will be made through the Hogares de la Patria system.
– Were authorized new amounts of the protection system of Homes of the Homeland from December 1.
– Was authorized new table of bonds of the Hogares de la Patria (Homeland Households) system, Humanized Childbirth, José Gregorio Hernández and Chamba Juvenil (Youth Job) as of December 1.
– The National Executive will continue to assume the salary differential of small and medium enterprises.
– This Friday a new list of agreed prices will be presented to the country.
– In December will start the distribution of 20 thousand tons of pork through the Local Supply and Production Committee (CLAP) and the Sovereign Field Fairs.
– In December starts the distribution of more than 35 million pieces of clothing and footwear, and 15 million toys for all children in the country.
– There will be distributed in the country 3,750 tons of Christmas food for the elaboration of hallacas.