The Deputy Minister for International Communication, William Castillo, denounced that there are maneuvers and pretensions of foreign governments to sabotage the Vuelta a la Patria (Return to the Homeland) Plan, promoted by the National Executive to repatriate those Venezuelans who emigrated.
Castillo also denounced on Monday an illegal operation carried out by the Colombian Migration service against a group of migrants from the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, as reports a press release from the Chancellory of the Republic:
“There is an intention to sabotage the Vuelta a la Patria Plan, to take away its imporance, it is a plan that has been set and is an overwhelming international demonstration of the concern of a government for its citizens who are abroad in a situation of vulnerability”, he said.
He explained the Colombia Migration service has carried out a procedure to force migrant Venezuelans to sign a document in which they distort the reasons for their mobility.
In the same vein, he questioned the announcement made by the government of the Republic of Chile to repatriate some 200 nationals from Venezuela, after a group of approximately 100 Venezuelans returned to the Bolivarian Republic from that southern nation.
“It is a political propaganda operation”, he said.
Likewise, Castillo denounced that a new diplomatic boycott against Venezuela is being forged for January 10, 2019, as of the beginning of the new constitutional period that will be assumed by the President of the Republic, Nicolás Maduro, from that day on.
The Vuelta a la Patria Plan aims to provide support to Venezuelans who emigrated, but who, after encountering an adverse reality in other nations, now wish to return to Venezuela, with the premise of studying, working for peace and social prosperity. economic of the nation.
So far there are a total of 9,623 compatriots who have returned to the homeland of Simón Bolívar.