8,824,000 students started the 2023-2024 school year

This Monday, October 2, 8,824,000 boys, girls and young people began the 2023-2024 school year throughout the country, as reported by the President of the Republic, Nicolás Maduro Moros, during the 19th edition of the program “Con Maduro+”.

Likewise, he detailed that 28,304 educational centers (public and private) have opened their doors to welcome students in school classrooms, “which represents 80% of free, quality, scientific and humanistic public education and the remaining 20% in different types of schools and private education.”

“When the Revolution began it was the other way around, schooling reached 50% and public schools and high schools were destroyed, public education was destroyed, it did not even reach 40% of public establishments and they were also privatized (…) Chávez ended with That, with the Constitution we guarantee totally public and free education, but in addition to scientific and humanistic quality, training humanistic, humane, deeply humane men and women is a wonderful thing,” recalled the Dignitary.

In context, the President made a television contact to the “José Avalos” Educational Unit, located on the intercommunal avenue of El Valle (Caracas), with the purpose of verifying the fullfillment of the start of the school year, as well as the rehabilitation and recovery of this educational institution.

In this regard, Delcy Rodríguez, Executive Vice President of the Republic, reported that 1,800 students from this high school started classes with a recovered infrastructure, thanks to the union of the People’s Power and the work of the Military Community Brigades for Education and Health (Bricomiles).

Likewise, she specified that the comprehensive rehabilitation work consisted of improving the high school services, lighting, recovery and provision of sports fields, delivery of school uniforms, among others, with the aim of guaranteeing compliance with the school plan:

I thank the Bolivarian National Armed Forces (FANB) for the work done to recover schools and high schools (…) we are going to recover 100% of all schools and high schools, (even) with blockades, with sanctions, we are going with the Bricomiles to completely recover the educational institutions,” concluded the president.