Hace 6 meses.
The President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro, informed that the new Constitution, which results from the constituent process, must be submitted to a consultative referendum for the people to decide whether or not to apply it.
During a journey of work, at Miraflores Palace, the Head of State said that the National Constituent Assembly (ANC), convened by the National Executive is the only option of peace the country has.
He also mentioned that the collection of signatures, a fundamental requirement to formalize the candidacy, should begin this Saturday, June 3 and that it should be extended until Wednesday, June 7, in the streets, squares, universities, neighborhoods, and urbanisms.
“On a continuous basis, from Saturday, June 3 to Wednesday, June 7, we will go to the streets, houses, housing estates, neighborhoods, universities, to help collect the signatures needed by the candidates that the people have postulated and who the people are postulating”, said the Head of State.
He indicated that these days should be replicated massively in all the states of the country to advance towards the process for the National Constituent Assembly, which seeks to strengthen the Bolivarian Constitution and shield social rights.
In that sense, at the beginning of the work journey, attended by the members of the Council of Vice-Presidents of Government, President Maduro indicated that the National Electoral Council (CNE) has received more than 30,000 nominations for the Constituent Assembly since last Wednesday 31 and until this Friday, June 2, (extended) date that had been established as the closing of this phase.